DIY Friendship Bracelets




I absolutely love making friendship bracelets. They're quick, easy, and they're whatever you want them to be. The bracelet in this picture took me about 20-30 minutes to do with taking pictures, so it's very simple. If you're interested in making this kind of bracelet, then read on, because I'm about to show you how easy it is!

The things you need to make this bracelet are:
1: Masking tape, or other tape, but this works best. 2: Embroidery floss or craft string 3: Scissors
4: Something to tape it to. I use a box of beads with a "ruler" drawn on, but you can use your desk, a hardcover book, a clipboard, or anything that is sturdy. You may want a ruler for this.

First, you'll want to pick out 4-6 colors. Under 4 can be challenging to make, and you can go up to 8, but after that it starts to look a little funny. I chose orange, bright pink, light pink, and green.

Next, cut the strings to be 3-4 times the size of your wrist. Mine is about 7 inches so I cut my strings to be about 28 inches. Tie the strings together about 2.5-3.5 inches from the top.

Tape down the strings, above the knot you just tied (the part that's 2.5-3.5 inches). This is so that while you're working, the strings stay in place. Next, pick your first color and separate it from the others (top left below). I decided to start with orange. Now, take that string and make a "4" shape over the other strings (top middle). Take that same string, and pull it under the others through the 4 (top right).


After pulling through the 4, your string should make a loop (bottom left above). Take the end and gently pull it up to the top (bottom middle and right). Pull the string all the way up to the top to make a knot. Repeat this process 10-15 times it will look like the top left picture below. This is a good time to start a new color. Next,  I wanted to do my bright pink. Again, separate it (put the orange back first! Top middle picture), make a "4" (top right) pull the string through (bottom left) to make a loop (bottom middle). Another 10-15 times and it will look like the bottom right.


I want my bracelet to go orange, bright pink, light pink,green, and repeat. So I do the steps above for each color until it looks like the picture to the left. At this point, you want to tie the strings together again at the bottom (just like you did before starting!). Then you can tie it to your wrist and cut off any ends that are too long. I would not suggest taking it off because that will wear it out and it will break faster. You can wear it in the shower or pool or whatever. Also, if you put some clear nail polish on the not it won't untie.

That's all for this DIY, feel free to comment with questions and tell me if there's something else you want to see. I'm thinking about doing a bracelet once a week.


Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

I love to read and (hopefully!) respond to all comments, so don't be scared to say anything!<3
-Aspen

Search

Adapted from Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com. Best viewed with Google Chrome.