I currently attend my local community college and go back from break this Monday (Already!?). Seeing as it's time to get preparing, I thought I'd do a post of the back-to-school basics. This post is a checklist as well as a collage of my backpack basics. Keep reading for more!
What should already be done:
- Register/Pay for classes
- We usually have to do this part in the middle of the term prior to the one we're going into. Always register ASAP so you don't get stuck with underwater basket weaving.
- Pick up textbooks
- They're pricey, but if you're buying them online you want plenty of time for shipping. If you can get into the campus bookstore early, you're more likely to get used copies.
- Buy supplies
- Over the last term, you may have lost pencils, used all your notebooks, broke your folders, etc. Be sure to have all those supplies purchased!
- Print your class schedule
- This can be huge! I can't count the times I've been late because I was looking up where and when my class was on my phone (Which is not very fast!) Another bonus, if you take public transit, write down the schedule for that under your class schedule.
- Pack your bag for the first day
- Having it packed early will help make your morning easier. I also have a collage below with my backpack basics!
- Clean up!
- Room, kitchen, whole apartment, anything. If it's spotless now, it'll be easier to take care of one your life gets busy.
- Last minute e-mail check
- You should be checking regularly anyways for updates from your teachers, but sometimes they'll send you stuff early, stuff you need to bring for the first day, or extra credit that's due the first day. That can be huge!
- Stress relief
- Take a bubble bath, put on a face mask, exercise, do whatever relaxes you. If you start with low stress you can maintain low stress.
- Lots of sleep
- Nobody wants to go to school groggy. You won't look good, and it'll be really hard to focus. Just go to sleep. It's a good habit during school anyways.