Stress Relief

Hey everyone! I just finished my first week back to school and work and it has been INTENSE. I'm in my 5th term of college, and the classes definitely are not getting easier. So, I don't have a lot of time to post, but I thought I'd tell you guys how I prevent myself from imploding.

1: If I have money, shopping is awesome. I can go every weekend when I start getting paid. My biggest piece of advice to avoid causing more stress is to set a very strict budget. I recently bought some Betsey Johnson bracelets online (still waiting to get them!) and now I have to have Elijah buy me lunch. Bad choice there.

2: Another thing to do with money is get a pedicure, ESPECIALLY in the winter! So nobody will see the cute polish you got on your toes, but you will get a foot massage and a lot of warm water. Grab some hot chocolate on the way and you'll be set.

3: What if you don't have money? That's more of my case right now. So, you can do a DIY pedicure. It's not as good, but it will work. Soak your feet and paint your toes. It's almost zen-like how well this works.

4: Bubble baths and chocolate! This is a personal favorite. Just soak in a bubble bath, bring some dove chocolates, and listen to some music to boost your mood.

5: TV, Movie, etc. I love to snuggle up in my warm bed and watch some old ANTM or Iron Man. I could probably never do anything else if I could do that for a living.

6: Yoga is a life-saver. I recently fell down my stairs and sprained my ankle and got a few bruises (and totally ruined my phone) but nothing major. However, I can't do yoga right now. I wish I could. Some people think it's not relaxing, but it's a lighter workout (and workouts always work) and you still feel nice afterwards. It relieves a lot of soreness, and you can't think about all your deadlines or fights you've had when you're a pretzel who is trying to feel the energy and breathe properly. There's a bunch of great beginner's videos on YouTube if you need something to get you started!

7: Last one for today, just light a candle. If you really need to keep working, get a candle in your favorite scent (I love sugar cookies!) and light it up nearby. The scent will help you feel a little better while you continue to work.

These are my current top-strategies. What do you do to manage stress? Do you ever feel overwhelmed?

Thanks for reading!


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to Stress Relief

  1. TV helps me too, and shopping! Urgh there is nothing I hate more than being stressed out!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress is such a killer! However, I always have to remember that an empty wallet is too when I go shopping.
      Thanks for the comment.
      xoxo

      Delete

I love to read and (hopefully!) respond to all comments, so don't be scared to say anything!<3
-Aspen

Search

Adapted from Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com. Best viewed with Google Chrome.